About Us
International Students
Areas of Research
Course Offerings
Fall Time Table
Winter Time Table
Summer Time Table
Special Students
Contact Us

International Students

An International Student is a Non-Canadian Resident who needs a student's visa to study in Canada.

This Institute receives a large number of applications each year from well-qualified international students for an extremely limited number of positions. Only students in electrical and computer engineering who are in the top 5% of their graduating class and fulfilling all the requirements should consider applying. In addition, applicants to the Ph.D. program who have technical papers published in international journals or presented at international conferences, have a much better chance for admission than those applicants who do not have such evidence to indicate the quality of their Master's theses.

The academic year starts in September and students generally first register in the Fall semester. To indicate relative time guidelines applicants should note that, depending upon their country of application, it can take up to 6 months or more to obtain a visa to study in Canada which will not be issued without an official letter of acceptance from the university of the supervisor and evidence of adequate financial support. The universities and/or the individual professors generally make their decisions concerning financial support/aid by April 15th.

All International Students who are from non-English speaking countries need to provide proof of English Language proficiency, such as a TOEFL or IELTS certificate.

Please contact us at international_gradstudies@carleton.ca if you have international admissions inquiries and your email will be responded to promptly.