Special students are those who have not been admitted to a degree program but who are taking degree-credit courses to qualify for admission, to improve professional qualifications, to transfer course credits or for personal interest. Special students need permission of the instructor in order to be permitted to register in a course.
Special students cannot pre-register by telephone. The following procedure must be followed in order to register as a special student in a course:
- Contact the department in which the course is being offered to obtain the standard form required for a special student. The prefix for the course number indicates the appropriate department:
- ELEC — Department of Electronics, Carleton University
- SYSC — Department of Systems and Computer Engineering, Carleton University
- ELG — School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Ottawa
- The required form at Carleton University is the "Letter of Permission for a Special Student to Register in A Graduate Level Course".
- Regulation Governing Special Students at University of Ottawa,see category 1.7
- The completed form must be presented to the Instructor at the first class for approval.
- Payment for courses are processed through the Department of Continuing Education, Carleton University, and at the Financial Resources , University of Ottawa.
For more information contact: